Sometimes, you need something quick and easy that just looks like you put a lot of effort into it. I am totally into rolling stuff up inside a chicken breast and calling it dinner. It’s fun, a little messy, and husbands/friends are usually impressed by your awesome chicken rolling skills. Make them for your New Year’s Eve celebration!
These are a cross between every Skinnytaste stuffed chicken recipe ever and Hungry Girl’s Buffalo chicken tenders (from one of her cookbooks… I wasn’t able to find the recipe online). They are very simple and are sure to please your significant other!
Cheesy Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Points +: 7
- 24 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Hot Sauce (or another buffalo sauce of your choice)
- ½ cup whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
- ¾ cup reduced-fat mozzarella or Italian blend cheese, shredded
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a baking pan.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts lengthwise so that there are 8 cutlets (I usually get 3 per breast). Top each cutlet with about 1½ Tbsp of shredded cheese (evenly distributing the cheese). Loosely roll each one and secure the ends with toothpicks.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl, or on a plate. In a second bowl, add the buffalo sauce.
- Dip chicken roll-ups in the buffalo sauce, then in the breadcrumbs and place seam-side down on the baking pan. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray the top of the chicken with the olive oil spray.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve drizzled with additional buffalo sauce and a side of homemade ranch dressing!