Like I said, I totally crashed after work yesterday and didn’t get a chance to make my weigh in post. I slept for a good 10 hours, so I’m good to go tonight! Without further interruptions…
- Starting Weight: 353.4 lbs
- Last Week: 311.6 lbs
- Current Week: 309.6 lbs
- This week’s change: -2.0 lbs
- Change overall: -43.8 lbs
9.2 pounds to go to hit my 15% weight loss! It was a good week. Different, because I was tracking regular Points. Based on past weight loss experience, I plateaued every 9 weeks, and I wanted to avoid that.
I would be lying if I said I didn’t struggle to hit my daily Points Plus target of 44. Most days, I didn’t make it, but I also don’t believe in eating just because I have the Points available. If I’m hungry, I’ll eat, but otherwise, it’s too reminiscent of my binge-eating ways. I know that those targets are there for a reason, and that I should make every effort to meet that target. I do eat enormous breakfasts of 10-14 Points and still eat every 2-3 hours to prevent hunger. I have found that my body is now used to eating so frequently. It knows when it’s time to eat, a well-oiled machine!
Tonight, I made one of my husband’s favorite meals: a Taco Ring. It’s not something I would have made while following Simply Filling, but he was a very happy boy! While it’s not healthy, the Points value isn’t terribly high, and it’s pretty tasty.
Note: I’ve been mixing my own taco seasonings for quite a while now… mainly because I’m cheap. I’ve used a couple different recipes, and I’m including one below!
Turkey Taco Ring
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 Points +: 11
WPA Simply Filling: 8
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or see below to make your own!)
- 2 cans reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium skillet, brown ground turkey. Break up as it cooks, until no pink remains. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Add taco seasoning to skillet and cook for an additional minute or two, or follow package directions.
- On a large cookie sheet or pizza stone, arrange the crescent rolls into a circular sun shape, overlapping the triangles. Add the taco meat to the ring, sprinkle with cheese, and pull the pointed ends of the pastry up and over the meat and cheese, pinching to secure.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until pastry is a golden brown.
- Top with lettuce, salsa, fat-free plain Greek yogurt, and all your favorite taco fixings!
Taco Seasoning (from Wellness Mama)
- ¼ cup Chili Powder
- ¼ cup Cumin Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano leaf (or oregano leaf powder)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ cup Himalayan salt or Sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Put all in jar and shake well or mix in a food processor until mixed. Store in an airtight jar for up to six months. Makes approximately 1 cup. To use: sprinkle on ground beef or chicken as you would any store bought taco seasoning. 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons is the same as 1 packet of store bought taco seasoning.
Side note: I am still tweaking the most delicious overnight oat recipe ever. I hope to soon perfect and post it because seriously, wow.