I can hear the groans now. “Ugggghhhh, meatloaf!”
Anyway, I love meatloaf, and if you love buffalo chicken anything, you’ve just got to try this. Very little prep time, super moist, and SO MUCH FLAVOR! Sadly, I didn’t have any celery or bleu cheese on hand, but I did swap in feta instead of the bleu cheese. We went without the celery this time… but you can bet it’ll be in there next time!
I even got my Nikon out for this one 😉
Funny story: after I portioned out D’s dinner, I called him out to the kitchen. He took one look at his plate and said, “What’s this? Cornbread?” No, sir. Not even a little close.
Prep time: 15-20 minutes (includes carrot-grating time!)
Total Time: 1 hour
Points +: 6
WPA Simply Filling: 2
- 2/3 c old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 c fat-free milk
- 3 1/2 Tbsp buffalo wing sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1 lb extra-lean ground chicken breast
- 1/2 c finely chopped celery
- 1/4 c shredded carrot
- 1/4 c finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 oz (about 1/2 c) reduced-fat bleu cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly mist a 9” x 5” x 3” (slightly smaller is OK) loaf pan with olive oil spray or cooking spray.
- Combine the oats and milks in a medium mixing bowl and stir to mix. Let stand for 3 minutes, or until the oats begin to soften. Stir in the wing sauce until well mixed.
- Add the chicken, celery, carrot, onion, egg whites, and salt. With a fork or clean hands, mix the ingredients well. Add the bleu cheese and gently mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and spread so that the top is flat. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink. Cut into 8 slices and serve immediately.