This casserole is a favorite in our house. Any time I mention the possibility of making it, D is alllllll over it. It’s tasty, filling, and half the work of actual stuffed peppers! PLUS, it only dips into 3 WPA on Simply Filling.
Undone Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Prep: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Points +: 6
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey or chicken
- 2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Brown meat with peppers, garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes in large skillet. Stir in rice, spaghetti sauce and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon into 2-qt. casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
Adapted from this Kraft recipe. I’m also toying with the idea of adding fennel seed in with the turkey/pepper mixture.